Your wedding gown is ultimately one of the most expensive items of clothing you will ever purchase, and while this costly keepsake is sitting in a box currently gathering dust it could be seen by many barefaced brides willing to pay top dollar for it. Think about what you could be spending that extra cash on…?
Most importantly, think about how you will make another bride’s day by sharing and recycling your gown. After all, isn’t it the memories made with the people you love that you should hold on to?
the barefaced bride'S
CONDITIONS FOR SELLING
- Wedding gowns must arrive dry-cleaned and in a garment bag.
- Wedding gowns must be designer or a recognised couturier label.
- Original purchase receipt should be shown or some other proof of purchase.
- Wedding gowns must be in excellent condition. The Barefaced Bride will examine the gown on arrival and may refuse to accept the gown if there are any rips, tears or stains.
- Weddings gowns are sold on a consignment basis, which means we will agree on a price together and when the gown is sold The Barefaced Bride will transfer the money to the Client by direct deposit.
- Once sold, the Client will receive 60% of the selling price and The Barefaced Bride will obtain 40% commission. There is a $60 Seller Fee charged which is reimbursed if your gown has a selling price of $5,000 or more.
- Please note that we only accept wedding gowns less than 3 years old and with an original purchase price of $1200 or more.
- A photo of the wedding gown should be provided (preferably high quality) which The Barefaced Bride will use to advertise the gown online and social media, etc. We are able to crop out the bride’s face if desired.
- Brides are required to be ‘barefaced’ for their private appointment (i.e. no makeup or fake tan to be worn).
- All wedding gowns are treated with the utmost care and are viewed by private appointment only.
- If you’re located outside of Sydney – no problem! We have gowns sent interstate to us all the time. Contact us directly should you have any questions about this.
- We are always on the lookout for gowns sizes 12 and up, so if you’re considering consigning with us your dress may be snapped up sooner than you think!
- Brides who have changed their mind and are left stuck with a brand new dress, we’ll happily take it off your hands. These dresses literally fly out the door!
- We make consigning your gown hassle-free. Once you hand over your dress, we literally take care of the rest!
Please note that due to the high volume of email enquiries received about consigning dresses we are only able to respond to those that meet our requirements.
frequently asked questions
consigning your gown
Please contact us on either email@example.com or 0450 462 820 to make an appointment, and we will do all the work!
We work on a consignment basis and will list your dress for up to 6 months, after which time you can decide to take back your dress or continue to sell for another consignment term. We don’t charge any advertising fees, just a simple Seller Fee of $60 which is refunded once your gown is sold.
Once your wedding gown is sold The Barefaced Bride will transfer 60% of the sale price into your nominated bank account and retain 40% commission. There is a $60 Seller Fee charged which is reimbursed if your gown has a selling price of $3,000 or more.
Yes, we offer the option to sell your accessories (such as tiaras, veils, jewellery and shoes), bridesmaid dresses and Mother of the Bride dresses.
We actively advertise online and offline within the bridal community.
The length of time required for a second hand wedding dress to sell depends on the designer, style and price of the gown. If your dress isn’t getting any enquiries we would suggest reducing the cost of the gown.
We only accept gowns that are in an excellent condition, have been dry-cleaned and have an original purchase price of $1200 or more, however feel free to give us a call on 0450 462 820 to discuss your dress in detail if in any doubt.
Your dress will have significant value to you – both in monetary and emotional terms, however a second hand dress will not have the same monetary value as what you originally paid for it. Generally, preloved gowns sell between half (50%) to a third (35%) of the original purchase price. It will also depend on other factors such as the dress designer, dress condition and original price paid. Please note that we won’t sell your gown for less than what is agreed between us without your consent.
A photo of the wedding dress should be provided. Ideal images include pictures of the front, back and detail of your dress. If you have professional images you would like to provide please send through to us in high resolution jpeg format. If you do not want your face in the photo, please let us know and we will crop the images before uploading them.
frequently asked questions
buying a gown
Yes, all of our dresses are available to try on in our bridal studio. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0450 462 820 to make an appointment.
Generally, our preloved wedding gowns sell between half (50%) to a third (35%) of the original purchase price. It also depends on other factors such as the dress designer, current condition of the gown and the original price paid for the dress.
If you have a particular dress or style in mind you can register your details online or contact us on 0450 462 820 and we will let you know if and when your dream dress is brought in.
You can pay by direct deposit, personal cheque or cash. You will be required to pay the total amount of the gown at time of purchase.
No, unfortunately we do not offer refunds for any items purchased.